Tuesday

Effective Goal Setting System Step #4 (Pt. 4 of 5)

Thrive Professionals:


You are now ready for Step #4!  


In 2007, I learned a very important lesson from a colleague.  I was struggling with trying to stay focused on my goals that year.  Our Spa was 18 months old and we had big goals that we were trying to meet that year.  My colleague stopped by my office one day and explained to me that the best way to stay focused on what you want to achieve is to write it down and make it visual.  Write it down, I said.  I have them all written down right here, I explained.  She said ok, but you have forgotten one important step.  You have to Make it Visual.  I just looked at her with a puzzled face.  


Then she went to explain this idea of a "Vision Board".  I listened to the details and then immediately went to work on my Vision Board.  That year ended up being the best year in sales and profit for the Spa.  The Vision Board kept me focused and it also reminded me daily of my goals and where I was heading.


Now it is time for you to make your goals visual.


Goal Setting Step #4 is Make it Visual.  You will need foam/poster board, new/old magazines, glue, and scissors.  The idea is to find as many pictures possible that resonate with you and your goals.  Place these pictures like a collage on your board.  It is important that you find more pictures than words.  We are very visual so pictures will speak louder to you than words.  Once you finish filling the board with pictures, now you are ready to place the board in a space that you will see everyday.  This should be one of the first pictures you see in the morning and the last you see at night.  


As time passes you will begin to see your goals realized.  Nothing will happen overnight, but taking a few moments everyday to reflect on your Vision Board will result in positive outcomes.


So go now and get started on this step and make your goals visual.


Thriving Together,


Yolanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment