Thursday

Effective Goal Setting System Step #5 (Pt. 5 of 5)

Thrive Professionals:


Goals written down on paper?  *Check*                  
Expectations of goals set? *Check*
Deadline set for goals? *Check*
Are the goals visual? *Check*


Hang in there, this is the last step of the Goal Setting System.  You are now ready to implement these goals in your life.  You mean I have to do something else after all of this work?  Yes, it is time to execute these goals so that 6 months from now you are on a road of accomplishments.  The biggest mistake most people make is the lack of execution.


In the Spa Salon industry we work with lots of VIP's (Very Important People).  I mean we layout the red carpet when a VIP comes into our business.  We make sure that we deliver on our promise and ensure them a flawless experience.  


Let me ask you a question.  Why do we hesitate to use this same concept when it comes to our own personal lives.  We have this one life to live and many of us don't have a plan for it.


This has to STOP!  It's time for you to establish your own personal V.I.P of the day.  Introducing Goal Setting System Step #5 "Establish Your V.I.P of the Day," Valuable Important Priority (V.I.P).  Ask yourself, what can I do today that will be valuable and most important to reaching my goals?  Think about it for a moment.  If this was the only V.I.P you accomplished today, would it move you closer to your goals?  If the answer is yes, then this is V.I.P worthy.


Just like you give your VIP's at the Spa Salon uninterrupted time to service.  Treat your Valuable Important Priority (V.I.P) the same way.  Turn off the cell phone, facebook and the e-mail to focus on your very own V.I.P of the day.  You can consider this your hour of power action time.  This step is the accelerator to achieving your goals.  It is going to take your actions to make this work.  We all know the definition of insanity "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."  


If you need a kick start in the coming year, I encourage you to start now and put this goal setting system to the test.


"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein    


These five steps are important and they work together and not by themselves.  Don't be ordinary, be extraordinary and TAKE ACTION NOW!


Thriving Together,


Yolanda

No comments:

Post a Comment